The greatest gifts you could possibly enjoy in your life:
- Good health, ‘2 of everything’, full mobility, the energy to get out of bed in the morning and stand on your own two feet and open your eyes and see
- Freedom from political or military oppression. This post appears on WordPress and Facebook. If you are on WordPress or Facebook, then you almost certainly live in a modern Western society that allows you to go where you like, say what you like, and do almost (within reason) anything you please
- Someone loves you. Likely, many people do. You live in a society that largely accepts our differences and preferences, and everybody is loved by somebody. The worst of human bigotry (slavery, mass racial segregation, etc.) is moving from ‘current affairs’ into the history books. (Russia, please pay attention to this point…bigotry = out of date people. 1luvx)
- You are reading this online – therefore, you have money, a computer, electricity, and by extension, you almost certainly have clean running drinking water, heating, a roof over your head, a bed to sleep in, electric lights, a flushing toilet and hot water
- You are reading this, therefore you have FREE TIME
- If you the time and resources for WordPress or Facebook, then you clearly do not live in abject poverty. You likely eat a minimum of twice daily, and you likely enjoy clean clothes, probably a car, consumer electronics and other life-enhancing conveniences
- These gifts: health, wealth, free time, political freedom, energy, food in your belly, a shirt on your back and love in your heart, are simply the MOST INCREDIBLE gifts you could ever imagine having.
Do you think I’m wrong? Try living a life without a few of these gifts and you’ll gain a new sense of perspective.
Every day, I see people online, and in life in general, who never stop complaining about their lives. I just want to scream at these people to wake the fuck up and show some appreciation for what they HAVE, and stop focussing on what they HAVE NOT.
Apathy and a sense of entitlement are massive modern day killers.
READ THAT AGAIN. Apathy and a sense of entitlement are massive modern day killers.
The world owes you NOTHING, and if you read the list above and thought “Yeah, I have all that” then QUIT COMPLAINING about your life and celebrate, you are the envy of 50% of the human race = 3 BILLION people WISH THEY HAD YOUR LIFE!!!
Your life is a GIFT, awash with splendour, opportunity and wonder. Get that in to your head and ACT LIKE YOU ARE HAPPY ABOUT IT.
You get just ONE life, use it or lose it. And stop complaining about the weather, the tube strike, the rain, the tax man, the government, politicians, the education system, the railways, the roads, the hospitals, the health care system, doctors, teachers, your spouse, your neighbour, your boss, your kids, the price of food, the cost of holidays (you actually GET a holiday FFS!) and a million other things. You have a JOB, you have an INCOME, you are fit enough to go to work or school every day = BE GRATEFUL.
Instead of moaning about the world, if there is something you think COULD be better, use you untapped talents to GO CHANGE IT. Don’t moan that others don’t do it well enough – step the hell up and show us all how it could be done. If YOU ain’t making a change and doing your best, don’t criticise the efforts others are making to contribute to this world. Screw apathy – get up in the morning and BE YOUR BEST, and make this world better with your love, your drive, your positive energy, your good ideas and your passion.